These positions are concerned with all facets of the software development process, including the research, design, programming, and testing of computer software.
The JAVA Developers will support (O&M) for the Administrative Applications written in JAVA with an Oracle backend that run on an IBM WebSphere application server.
The Developers will work in conjunction with other federal government software developers to assist in maintaining various web applications (JAVA).
O&M support will include, but is not limited to, the gathering, analysis, and development of enhancement specifications and requirements provided by the System Owner.
The Developer may be tasked with supporting all aspects of the project to include all phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC), aka the application development life-cycle.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop software using AGILE methodology
- Requirements analysis
- Risk analysis
- Architectural design
- Detailed design and planning
- Adhere to coding standards and coding guidelines
- Collective code ownership
- Generation of documentation for purpose of project auditing
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of software development strategies and productivity
- Attention to detail is essential and all tasks must be carried out to the highest standard
- Fresh coding for new products, code fixes for maintenance, code for business logic, and code for supporting libraries.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college and a minimum of 5+ years’ directly related experience
The key skills required are:
- Debugging & problem solving
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of tools and technology
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to thrive under pressure
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Pressure handling skills
Required Technical Skills:
- Java (JEE Development)
- Hibernate ORM
- Spring Framework
- Automated Test script to support Test Driven Development
- Object Oriented Analysis (OOA)
- Object Oriented Design (OOD)
- Data Modeling
- AGILE methodology experience
- Basic knowledge of IBM WebSphere
- Basic knowledge of Oracle 11g, 12g
- Dojo Toolkit
- IBM Rational tools
Additional information about the Work Program:
GLOTECH provides a wide variety of information services for FBI’s (ITSD) Information Technology Service Contract – (ITSC). ITSC, on a Task Order basis, provides a full range of operational information technology support services, to include Management Consultant, Policy and Planning, Security, Systems Analysis, Applications Software, Operating Systems, Network Services, Communications, Data Management, Internet, Systems Administration, Customer Support, Training and Technical Support.
Currently, GLOTECH supports the client’s IT Branch’s Enterprise Application and Database Services Section (EADSS) | IT Applications and Data Division, building complex web applications for the Front Office, Administrative Applications Unit, Investigative and Intelligence Applications Unit, and the Enterprise Database Support Unit.
Interested candidates or want to refer someone you know? Please send resumes to:
Becky Watson, Talent Acquisition Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org